If you happen to be a 1st time home buyer looking for Bellingham Real Estate here are some tips to help you understand to home buying process. Buying a home is a very involved process and the more you know the better your experience will be. Why? Because when you know the process you'll know what to expect and you'll be able to formulate a game plan. With a game plan in place, you'll be prepared for the worst and able prevent those avoidable buying mistakes.
1. First things first whether you're a 1st time buyer in Bellingham or more a more experienced buyer you'll be better off getting informed before you jump into the process...you're in the right place!
2. Find out what your credit score is...://www.experian.com, is a great resource and you get 1 free credit report a year.
3. Get pre-approved before you start viewing properties in the Bellingham Real Estate Market. This can save you time and emotional stress. If you know how much you can afford, then you'll only look at those properties that you can afford, thus saving time and emotion. Your Realtor can give you numerous preferred lenders in your area. Your lender should be able to pre-aqpproved you over the phone, internet, or in person. Your lender should also give you an overview of all the financing options available to you, in your area.
4. Educate yourself with the mortgage process and what products are available in your area. Have your agent recommend a honest, reliable, & educated loan officer.
5. Determine what you're shopping for...what you want and what you need.
6. Don't make any major purchases or changes to your financial picture without consulting your agent or mortgage lender. Major Purchases could throw off you ratio's and closing a credit card could hurt your credit.
7. Find a great Bellingham Realtor that will educate you in the Bellingham home buying process and stick by your side from start to finish, whether you qualify now or a year from now. All the process should be available through your Realtor. Your Realtor should also be able to help you determind which loan products are available in your area and which ones will work best for you.
Tara specializes in Bellingham bank owned real estate, short sales, lease options, & seller financing. With years of Real Estate experience and over 300 hours of Real Estate Education she is commited to helping you reach your real estate goals. Call her anytime for questions, concerns, or just to chat.