Working with a professional Realtor to buy your home is a good idea for several reasons:
- Because it's FREE! The Seller typically pays your agents commission, although they represent you! Wahoo!
- To protect your best interest...to make sure you get what you're paying for. A real estate agent will be know fair market values so you don't have to worry about over paying.
- To analyze your financial situation to help you determine how much you can afford. There is more to a house payment than just the mortgage payment!
- To explain things to you because they are experienced and familiar with the process. Your agent should monitor your transaction and give you regular updates and timelines.
- To access information on all properties listed for sale by all real estate agents in your area.
- To set up appointments for you to see homes that interest you.
- To help evaluate features of a property that may affect its value and future resale.
- To prepare a negotiation strategy for the property you have selected.
- To help you complete all the necessary paperwork when it comes time to make an offer.
- To help you arrange financing.
- To represent you at closing to answer your questions and make sure everything runs smooth.